How Sentinel is Protecting Our Patients
Here are the steps we are taking during the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
When you call to make an appointment or if you have a previously scheduled appointment, we will ask you:
- What symptoms are you experiencing
- Have you taken your temperature and what is it
- Have you been exposed to COVID-19
Based on your responses, we will determine next steps.
If we ask you to come to the office to get tested for COVID-19, the following system is in place.
- Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive and we’ll direct you.
- We request that you take the elevator up to our office alone.
- Please knock on the door and we’ll hand you a mask.
- Our team will be in protective gear – gown, gloves, mask and goggles.
- We will take you back to a sterilized treatment room to get swabbed.
- Then we will see you out, asking you to take the elevator alone.
- We sanitize all points of contact in the office with EPA-approved decontamination supplies.
Your well-being is always at the center of our practice here at Sentinel Primary Care.
A word about testing…
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) has expanded testing criteria for COVID-19 for the following criteria:
- Have fever or lower respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) and close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days; OR
- Have fever and lower respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) and a negative rapid flu test
*As of March 20, 2020 the test results were taking 5 – 6 days.
Read Dr. O’Connell’s Q&A about Coronavirus COVID-19.
About Sentinel Primary Care
Sentinel Primary Care has offices in Brier Creek, just off the highways for easy access. Dr. O’Connell has been seeing patients who needed testing for COVID-19, and his office has adopted protocols that protect patients and staff during the pandemic. As a “direct primary care” practice, members can schedule a tele-health appointment for no extra charge. Those considering Sentinel Primary Care are invited to contact us to schedule a tele-health call.
To learn more about our practice view our “Meet Sentinel Primary Care” video playlist.